Roasted, Salted Almonds
For each 4 1/2 cups raw almonds:
- Dissolve in 1 1/2 tsp salt in 1 1/2 tbsp boiling water.
- Mix/coat almonds with salt water.
- Spread out on silpat on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes (until browned inside and out) at 375F, stirring halfway through for even cooking.
- Mix/coat almonds with 2 tbsp olive oil, coating with additional salt, sugar, and seasonings as desired.
- Spread out to cool for at least an hour.
Do not burn the almonds! 375F might simply be too hot.