Based on Slate’s recipe. We frequently substitute in Meyer lemons for regular ones, which is amazing.
For the crust:
- Mix together and blend into a coarse meal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- Press into a 9-inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350F until edges are brown (~20 minutes)
For the filling:
- Whisk until smooth
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- Stir in until just combined
- 1 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- Fold in
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Pour filing into baked crust and bake until firm at 315F (~45 minutes).